Monovisc ™ is a sterile single injection viscosupplement approved for the treatment of symptoms of Osteoarthritis (OA) and for the relief of joint pain in all synovial joints. It is safe and made from a highly purified, non-animal, natural hyaluronic acid. Each single disposable glass syringe contains 4ml, 20mg/ml of lightly crossed-linked sodium hyaluronate. There are also some benefits for having a single injection regimen.
• It will decrease Doctor’s office visit.
• Convenient to the Patients.
• It will reduce the risk of having multiple injection-related adverse reactions.
Monovisc™ is contraindicated to patients with known sensitivity to hyaluronic acid and to any of the ingredients found in the product. Patients with known systemic bleeding, with known infection of the index joint should not use this product. Do not apply to skin of the intended injection site with pre-existing infection.
Monovisc Side Effects:
Only mild to moderate transient swelling and discomfort has been observed following the intra-articular injection of the product. Infections and bleeding that is associated with procedure of injecting the products has been also reported.
• Only medically trained professionals can administer the product to the patient.
• The amount of monovisc that is to be injected depends on the specific site and anatomy of the patient and needs to be defined by the doctor who will be doing the procedure. Excess quantity of the sodium hyaluronate should not be used and patient should be closely monitored.
• It is not recommended to overfill the synovial space.
• Injection should be stopped if pain persists during the procedure and needle should be withdrawn.
• No studies have been developed for the use of MONOVISC™ for pregnant and lactating women and also for children.
• The effect of repeated injections of MONOVISC™ has not been tested.
The content on this page has been supplied to AMA Meds by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website.
AMA Meds relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the medical efficacy, accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a health professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by a Canadian pharmacy.
We affiliate with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, United Kingdom, and Turkey.
The items in your order may be shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries that procure product through reliable sources.
Back to Drug Categories Page